America’s Top Dog Model® 2021 Contest
Rules and Forms
Forms required for Contest entry -
*Contest Entry Form: Links: MS WORD(docx) PDF File(.pdf)
*Official Contest Rules: Links: MS WORD(.docx) PDF File(.pdf)
*Photographer’s Assignment and Release of Copyright: Links: MS WORD(.docx) PDF(.pdf)
America's Top Dog Model® 2021 Contest Entry Form
Dog owner’s information:
Address & State: ____________________________
Name and telephone of photographer:
How did you become a family?
Share a Story about the vintage lifestyle that your dog represents in your contest photo and how he/she makes a difference in the lives of your family members and/or other people (100–300) words).
RELEASE AND ASSIGNMENT OF PHOTOGRAPHER’S COPYRIGHT
For and in consideration of the professional photography service fee(s) and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, the undersigned, on behalf of himself or herself personally and as an authorized agent of the company identified below (“Company”) (the undersigned or Company, as applicable, being referred to herein as “Assignor”), hereby sells, assigns, conveys, and transfers unto the Assignee identified below, his or her successors, heirs, assigns, and legal representatives, the entire right, title, and interest in and to the photograph(s) taken by or for the Assignor and for which the Assignee paid the professional photography service fee(s) (“Photograph(s)”), together with all rights appurtenant thereto, and all rights in any copyright registrations.
Assignor represents and warrants that it owns all right, title, and interest, including all copyrights, in and to the Photograph(s) and has the right and authority to convey the rights assigned herein and execute this assignment on behalf of himself/herself and the Company (if applicable).
Assignor agrees to execute any papers or perform any acts required to establish, vest or protect Assignee’s rights in the Photograph(s) or which may be reasonably requested by Assignee to effectuate the purpose of this Assignment, without any additional payment therefore, but without any expense to Assignor.
ASSIGNEE (America’s Top Dog Model ® CONTESTANT):
America’s Top Dog Model ® 2021 Contest
Eligibility: The search for America’s Top Dog Model ® 2021 national winner is open only to legal residents of United States (excluding Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and other United States territories), who are dog owners age 18 and older. America’s Top Dog Model ® previous contest winners and finalists are not eligible to participate. By participating Entrants agree to these official rules and the decisions of the sponsor which shall be final and binding in all manners relating to this contest.
By submitting photographs, stories, or any other items to this contest, you agree to be bound by all of the terms and conditions of these rules including the grant of the rights to complete ownership and use by the Sponsor of any material submitted.
In addition, you must sign and submit a signed copy of these rules. If a signed copy of these rules is not submitted, you will not be eligible to participate in this contest.
2. Contest Period: America’s Top Dog Model ® 2021 Contest begins March 5, and ends May 28, 2021. Mail in entries must be postmarked on or before May 28, 2021 in order to be eligible.
3. How to Enter: During the contest period, there are two (2) ways to enter, either “online” or via “U.S. mail.”
(A) Online Entry Instructions: To enter online, go to: www.americastopdogmodel.com the (“website”) and follow instructions on the contest page, to complete and thereafter submit the online entry forms including Photographer’s Release and Assignment of Copyright signed by your photographer, America’s Top Dog Model Profile (including 100-
(B) and the “Official Rules” signed by the Entrant (Contestant). In addition, entrant must submit an original, horizontal, “professional” quality black & white photo of your dog. Your photo should convey your story and our contest theme “Vintage Tails.” The setting can be real or staged. No humans or other kinds of animals may be included in the photo. Then by using the upload option, according to the instructions on the website, submit your photo in .jpg. format at 300 DPI or more and your dog’s profile/story.. All contest forms are available on the website. If you are entering on line, please print out all forms and be prepared to submit them should your dog be selected as a winner or finalist.
(C) Mail In Entry Instructions: Print out and complete all contest entry forms including Photographer’s Release and Assignment of Copyright signed by your photographer, America’s Top Dog Model ® Profile (including 100-
(D) and the Official Rules signed by the Entrant (Contestant). Mail in entries must be legible. In addition, entrant must submit an original, horizontal, black & white professional quality, photo of your dog that best portrays our theme “Vintage Tails.” The setting can be real or staged. No humans or other kinds of animals may be included in the photo. Entry must be postmarked by May 28, 2021. Mail entries to: America’s Top Dog Model ® Contest, P.O. Box 273525, Boca Raton, FL 33427-
All contest forms may be printed out from this website or obtained by mailing a stamped, addressed envelope to: America’s Top Dog Model ® Contest, P.O. Box 273525, Boca Raton, FL 33427-
All photographs, stories, or media of any kind and any other items submitted by the Entrant shall become the absolute and exclusive property of America’s Top Dog Model ® (the sponsor) and any assignee of the Sponsor. The sponsor reserves the right to edit story submissions. No photographs or other item submitted by the Entrant shall be acknowledged or returned to the Entrant. Each Entrant as a condition of participating in this contest must sign and deliver along with the photographs and other items the Acknowledgement and Release form attached to the Official Rules. The Sponsor shall not acknowledge the receipt of any photograph or other item submitted by the Entrant.
Limit one (1) entry per person/household/email address for the contest duration, regardless of method of entry.
The Sponsor shall have the exclusive right to use any and all photographs, stories, media or other items submitted for any purpose worldwide without attribution, royalty or other compensation of any kind to the Entrant or the Entrant’s successors, assigns legal representatives. In addition, the Entrant assigns all copyright interest in any photograph, stories, media, or other item submitted to the Sponsor and the Sponsor shall be the absolute owner of said copyright.
THE SUBMISSION BY THE ENTRANT OF ANY PHOTOGRAPHS, MEDIA OF ANY KIND OR OTHER ITEM CONSTITUTES THE IRREVOCABLE TRANSFER AND ASSIGNMENT OF ALL RIGHT, TITLE, AND INTEREST TO SUCH PHOTOGRAPHS, MEDIA OF ANY KIND OR OTHER ITEM TO THE SPONSOR INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE RIGHT TO COPYRIGHT SAME WITHOUT ANY REQUIREMENT THAT ANY COMPENSATION OF ANY KIND BE PAID TO THE ENTRANT.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected entries, which are void. In addition, by entering, Entrants represent and warrant that the entries they submit:
Have not been previously published, Do not infringe on any other person’s or entity rights, such as but not limited to copyright, trademark, or other property right of any person, Have not been previously submitted in a contest of any kind, and Any biographical information submitted is true and correct.
4. Judging: One winner and eleven finalists will be selected by a panel of independent judges after May 28, 2021. Entries will be judged on Quality of photo and Relevance to Theme (60 %); and originality and creativity of story (40%). Contest winner and finalists will be notified by phone, email, and /or mail shortly thereafter, using the contact information provided at time of entry.
5. Prizes: All prizes will be distributed by the prize contributor. See list of prizes on the contest page. Additional prizes may be included during the 2021 contest phase from March 5 to May 28. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of comparable or greater value. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize, and prizes will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee.
6. General Conditions: Entrants, by participating in this contest hereby waive, release, and agree to hold harmless the Sponsor, America’s Top Dog Model ®/ The Jo Jo Companies, LLC, all promotions, public relations, and advertising agencies, and their respective affiliates, and their owners, officers, directors, employees, partners and representatives, as well as Facebook, Inc., Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram, and any other social media (collectively the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all rights, claims, and causes of action whatsoever that they may have, or which may arise against any of them for any liability for injury, illness, death, loss, damage, whether direct, indirect, compensatory, incidental, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes in this contest, or any travel related to the contest or travel for any contest related activity. Entrant waives intellectual property rights, publicity rights or other legal rights that might preclude the Sponsor’s use of any element of the entry, and agrees not to sue or assert any claim against the sponsor for the use of any element of the photo, title, description or Entrant’s Likeness or statements. Entrants agree that: any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually through direct discussions or mediation, without resort to any form of class action and exclusively by a Florida State Court located in Palm Beach County. Entrant further agrees not to disparage America’s Top Dog Model brand, in any form whatsoever, whether written or verbal, regarding America’s Top Dog Model brand, its Licensees, staff, sponsors and partners, and acknowledges that America’s Top Dog Model shall seek legal remedies, including cost and damages for any violation of the above. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this Contest or in an inappropriate, unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. America’s Top Dog Model reserves the right for the judges to choose from the finalists an alternate winner if conditions warrant. All issues and questions concerning these Official Contest Rules or the rights and obligation of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with this contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Florida.
America’s Top Dog Model ®/The Jo Jo Companies is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries or mail, for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by sender or by the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this contest, or by human error that may occur in the processing, loss of or damage to any contest entries.
7. Sponsors: America’s Top Dog Model ®/The Jo Jo Companies, LLC,
P.O. Box 273525, Boca Raton, FL 33427-
8. I________________________________, residing at the following
____________________________________do hereby consent and agree that I have read the contest rules and I am bound by all the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules.